Veterans Day Quotes 2017 – Veterans Day is a day to honor all of those soldiers, marine, airmen, and sailors who fought for our country. We should be thankful to the veterans because they are fighting with the enemies just to keep us safe. Every year, 11th of November is the day we celebrate Veterans Day. So here are some popular quotes on Veterans Day to say to help you wish them thank you.
Veterans Day Quotes By Famous Personalities
- “Since the Revolution, eight generations of America’s veterans have established an unbroken commitment to freedom.” Steve Buyer
- “I’m extremely grateful to all the first responders, veterans and their families for all their sacrifices.” Taya Kyle
- “America’s veterans deserve the very best health care because they’ve earned it.” Jim Ramstad
- “These men were wrongfully rejected, the veterans. The fighting man should never have been blamed for Vietnam.” Neil Sheehan
- “Veterans are a symbol of what makes our nation great, and we must never forget all they have done to ensure our freedom.” Rodney Frelinghuysen
- “We do a very good job at fixing broken bodies but not such a great job at healing broken minds with our returning veterans.” Mike McCaul
- “America’s Veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world.” John Doolittle
- “Everybody respects the Vietnam Veterans of America.” R. Lee Ermey
- “I learned a lot from Vietnam veterans, especially as some of them turned against their own war.” Robert Jay Lifton
- “My father had many, many veterans over to the house, and the older I got the more I appreciated their sacrifice.” Steven Spielberg
- As your big day approaches, we’d like to thank and salute you for being our hero!
- “The young patriots now returning from war in Iraq and Afghanistan and other deployments worldwide are joining the ranks of veterans to whom America owes an immense debt of gratitude.” – Steve Buyer
- “Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.” – Abraham Lincoln
- To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.
VETERANS DAY IMAGE QUOTE – THANK YOU
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.”—Jeff Miller
- “On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.”—Dan Lipinski
- “Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” —Winston Churchill
- “Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don’t know how far we can go.” – Bernard Malamud
- How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
~William Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice, much later adapted to “So shines a good deed in a weary world” by David Seltzer for the 1971 film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
BEST VETERANS DAY QUOTE 2017
- With great pride and honor, we salute our heroes of past and present – the Veterans! Best wishes for Veterans Day!
- To be brave does not mean you’re not afraid. It means you’ll go anyway whatever may happen. Thank you Veterans!
- For your valiancy, great efforts, and sacrifices for our country, we salute you.
- Thank you so much for protecting us – our lives and the freedom of this country. Thank you for guarding us tirelessly. We salute and wish you a Happy Veterans Day!
- Glad to wear the colors red, white, and blue because of our courageous men and women like you! Thank you for your hard work, sacrifices, and service. May you have a wonderful day!
- Honoring the sacrifices, hard work, and service many have done for our nation for the sake of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day.
- Your acts of bravery, selflessness, and unconditional love for this nation will always be remembered. Today, we salute our veterans and thank them for their dedication and patriotism! Happy Veterans Day!
- Happy Veterans Day, Father and to all the fathers who dedicated their lives to serve and protect not only our family but our country. I am so proud of you!
- Thanks for doing what I’m such of a fool and a coward to do!
- I believe there is one greater position than being a president and I would call that patriot.
- “The more we sweat in peace the less we bleed in war.” Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit
- “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.” G.K. Chesterton
- “Our veterans left everything they knew and loved and served with exemplary dedication and courage so we could all know a safer America and a more just world. They have been tested in ways the rest of us may never fully understand… On Veterans Day, and every day, let us show them the extraordinary gratitude they so rightly deserve…” These were the words said by Barack Obama, 2015 November 5th, quoted from The White House Office of the Press Secretary
But fame is theirs – and future days
On pillar’d brass shall tell their praise;
Shall tell – when cold neglect is dead –
“These for their country fought and bled.”
- Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it… it flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it
- In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country, can change it – Barack Obama
- The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. -Patrick Henry
- My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place — police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces. -Sidney Sheldon